Malaysia Automated Clearance System (MACS)
Inline to support the economic development of Iskandar Region, MACS is developed to cater fast-track immigration clearance for non Malaysia investors, business persons and professionals.
The scope of MACS facility is expanded to frequent traveler of Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore and also for those who have been issued with the relevant long term immigration pass and frequently travel within Malaysia and Singapore for the purpose of working, studying and staying in Malaysia.
Hence, MACS holders can benefit faster immigration processing via access to dedicated entry and exit MACS lanes at:
i. Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, Johor Bahru
ii. Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar, Tanjung Kupang, Johor
MACS holders will also be excluded from the requirement of completing the immigration arrival card (IMM.26). Consequently, entry and exit to/from Malaysia records shall be made online and the usage of passport pages for stamping will be minimized.
Note: MACS is simply a form of fast-track facilitation and does not act as an immigration pass or visa. Visitors are still required to obtain visa (if applicable) and will be issued with relevant immigration pass.
2. PERIOD OF STAY
MACS holders are entitled to enter and remain in Malaysia according to the duration as stated in the relevant immigration pass issued.
3. MACS STICKER
There are two (2) types of MACS sticker:-
Category A: Issued to Short Term Immigration Pass/ Social Visit Pass holders
Issued to non-Malaysian daily trippers (involved with the development of Iskandar Region projects) and also for Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore who are frequently traveling to Malaysia on social visit purposes. i.e: attending meetings, exploring business opportunity or visiting sites.
Category B: Issued to Long Term Immigration Pass Holders
This sticker is also issued to Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore that have been endorsed with long term immigration pass (i.e: Employment Pass, Temporary Working Visit Pass, Student Pass, Professional Visit Pass) in order to frequently travel for the purpose of working, studying and staying in Malaysia.
4. VALIDITY AND FEE OF MACS STICKER
MACS sticker shall be valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance. A RM30.00 fee is charged for every issuance. Payment must be made in cash form.
5. RENEWAL OF MACS STICKER
MACS sticker must be activated upon its expiry date. For cases of lost and stolen passports, a new / ‘fresh’ sticker will be issued in the new passport.
MACS applicants who are involved with the development of Iskandar Region Projects are required to meet the terms and conditions as follows:
- Non-Malaysian citizens who are sponsored by a Malaysian company (or company based in Malaysia) and directly involved the in the development and projects/ activities related to Iskandar Region;
- In possess of an international passport with minimum validity of two (2) years;
- Non-listed in the Immigration Suspect List;
- Has been issued with a relevant long term immigration pass (if applicable – relevant to category B applicants); and
- Entry Visa (if applicable – relevant to visa required citizens)
Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore daily trippers who wish to apply MACS are required to meet the terms and conditions as follows:
- Must be Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore in possession of an international passport with minimum validity of two (2) years;
- Non-listed in the Immigration Suspect List;
- Has been issued with a relevant long term immigration pass (if – applicable – Category B applicants).
- Number of visit per month at least 4 times and more
7. HOW TO APPLY?
Application forms are available online at Immigration Malaysia’s web site at www.imi.gov.my and at Iskandar Malaysia’ s web site at www.iskandarmalaysia.com.my (only for applicants involved in Iskandar Malaysia). Hardcopy forms can also be obtained at the MACS One Stop Center (OSC).
Completed application forms must be printed, verified by the Malaysian sponsor and endorsed by the IRDA representative (only applicable for MACS – Iskandar Malaysia applicant).
Submission of application forms (and relevant supporting documents) shall be made to the respective MACS One Stop Center. MACS – Iskandar Malaysia applicants are required to submit the completed application forms at IRDA’s office.
Means to provide photograph (with light colored background) during application:
i. Upload photograph during application process via online; or
ii. Furnish hardcopy photograph at registration counter.
Applicants are required to be self-present during application process. Failure of attendance as well as furnishing a completed application form (including relevant supporting documents) may result delayed of process.
The checklist for MACS applications are as follows:
New application/Renewal/Lost/Stolen Case
- Completed application form
- Supporting documents :-
- Relevant Long Term Immigration Pass (not applicable for Category A)
- Entry Visa (where applicable)
- Official receipt / letter of company sponsor (only applicable for applicants under IRDA category
- Sales and Purchase / Land Title (where applicable – only applicable for applicants under IRDA category)
- Photograph (1) – passport size
- Original Passport
- RM 30.00 processing fee per year (cash in RM only)
Completed MACS application shall be processed on the same working day.
10. MACS APPLICATION COUNTER
The opening hours : 24 hours ( Everyday )
Pejabat Imigresen Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, Johor Bahru
Jalan Lingkaran Dalam
Aras 3 Utara
80300 Johor Bahru
Tel No: +607-2182424
Fax No: +607-2234233
Pejabat Imigresen Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar
343, Jalan Bukit Kuching
81560 Tanjung Kupang
Tel No : +607-5133040
Fax No: +607-5133057
MACS – Iskandar Malaysia applicants can submit the completed application form at respective MACS One Stop Center as below:-
The opening hours :
Contact details : Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA)
#G-01, Block 8
Danga Bay, Jalan Skudai
80200 Johor Bahru
Tel No: +607-2333000
Fax No: +607-2333001
- Telah Dikemaskini pada Khamis, 05 April 2012 02:44